Break Into Fiction(2009)
11 Steps to Building a Story that Sells
A non fiction book by Mary Buckham and Dianna Love
Getting a book published is hard enough - getting a novel published is doubly so! But a writer seeing his story on bookshelves everywhere is just a rewrite away with this book! Written by two award-winning novelists, this workshop-in-a-book is all aspiring authors need to master the art of fiction - and see their novel in print. Based on their popular workshops, Mary Buckham and Dianna Love Snell have created a novel-writing system that anyone can follow. Their innovative method shows writers how to create stories of depth, excitement, and emotion with:
- Easy-to-understand templates that guide the new writer through building a novel and show more experienced writers how to deepen a plot and take a first draft to the next level
- Reference examples from a strongly-plotted popular genre films like suspense, classics, children, and romance
- Simple worksheets to build a strong story one plot point at a time for any genre
- Troubleshooting tips that reveal how to find and fix holes that weaken the plot
- Insights from best-selling novelists representing a variety of fiction genres
- ,A bonus dialogue guide that reveals how to make a character come alive through conversation.
Similar Books by other authors...
Romancing the Beat
April 2015 : USA Paperback
April 2009 : USA Paperback
February 2015 : USA, Canada, UK Kindle edition