A fascinating, fun, and fact-filled compendium of the greatest lies, deceptions, propaganda, and frauds ever perpetratedThroughout history - from the dawn of man to the War on Terror - governments, corporations, historians, and high-level braggarts of every stripe have freely engaged in the time-honored pastime of lying for fun and profit. You Said What? is an endlessly entertaining and outrageously edifying look at some of the biggest whoppers of all time, chock-full of deceptions, trickery, and incredible untruths both infamous and obscure.
- The press conspiracies that protected FDR's legs, as well as JFK's sex addiction and failing health
- Lies that caused the Knights Templar fall, the Salem witch trials, and the Black Death
- Big lies that changed history: Vietnam's Gulf of Tonkin, the Cuban missile crisis, the "Polish" raid that kicked off WWII . . . and remember the Maine?
- The self-made, self-serving myths we still believe today of Davy Crockett, Lawrence of Arabia, and Napoleon
- Plus our own personal pick for History's #1 Biggest Liar . . . and much more!
Used availability for Bill Fawcett's You Said What?
December 2007 : USA Paperback
October 2009 : USA, Canada, UK Kindle edition